Stronger Connections = Stronger Communities
September 7th and 8th, 2017
Do you work in health care, manage employees or want to learn more about Recovery Capital? Register Today
About the Conference
Leading the change in care for mental health and addiction, the Recovery Capital Conference of Canada will feature leading international researchers, clinicians and policy makers who will provide evidence based clinical knowledge gained through decades of care.
A fundamental shift is occurring in the way we manage addiction, and the Recovery advocacy movement is making itself heard in Canada.
This movement is alerting governments and policy makers of the millions of people, once suffering silently from addiction, who are now living healthy, drug-free and engaged lives.
Working together we can eliminate silos, and move towards the creation of better comprehensive systems of health care for all Canadians.
Who Should Register?
Physicians, Occupational Health Leaders, Human Resources Managers, Health Care Policy Makers, Therapists, Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Interventionists, Residential Treatment Centre Management and Clinical Teams, Students, Union Leaders, Community Leaders, Disability Management Coordinators, Professional Regulatory Bodies, Insurance Carriers, Labour Relations Specialists, Employee Assistance Program providers, Labour Lawyers, Safety Committee Members, Union Representatives, Nurses, RNs and Social Workers.
Continuing Educations Units
The Conference Registration Package includes two days attendance, Continuing Education Credits, two full breakfasts, two full plated lunches, four keynote speakers, and a choice between eight workshops over two days. A full list of CE Units will be released in June.
- Canadian Addiction Counsellor Certification Federation (CACCF) has approved the RCC to offer continuing education credit for up to 13.5 Core hours
- Employee Assistance Certification Commission (EACC) has approved the RCC to offer professional development for up to 9.5 hours
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association CCPA – 16 hours
- California Association for Alcohol and drug Educators) – Application is in process to CAADE and pending approval
- Breining Institute Accreditation – 14 Hours
- NAADAC – 16 hours
- Medical Psychotherapy Association Canada – 8 hours
- Vocational Rehabilitation Association of Canada, for the Registered Rehabilitation Professional – Application Process
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification, for the Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counselor certification – 11 hours
- Don’t see the CE that you need listed here? Contact us and we will get to work on it for you.
How do I Get my CEs? When the conference is complete you will receive an email with the link to your evaluation. Upon completion of all sections of the evaluation, you will receive a copy of your certificate.
Dr. João Goulão, Portugal
Dr. Neil McKeganey, Scotland
Dr. John Kelly, United States
Dr. Claudia Black, United States